Purple Bow Tie
 photo About_zpsylvtrsnd.png photo Home_zpslfevnwlq.png photo OOTD_zpsanaslwiz.png

zondag 3 mei 2015

Holiday in France

Hello everyone!

It sure has been a while, sorry for that!
I had a lot of tests and well, it was extremely stressful.

Last week I went on a holiday in France and I did A LOT of walking and visited a lot of places.
Todays blogpost is about a place I have been dying to see: the castle of Versailles.
Words can't express how beautiful this castle is, and sadly I forgot my charger for my DSLR camera, so I took pictures with my phone.

I will probably upload another blogpost about another place I visited next week Tuesday or Wednesday!!

As usual, I will provide you with a link to the website so you can find useful information as well.
I do want to say that entrance to the castle, the big and small Trianon are FREE if you're a a European Citizen aged between 18 - 26 years old. The castle garden is €7.

So I hope you enjoy the pictures!

Golden gate entrance to Versailles
The front square of Versailles
The Royal Chapel
The ceiling paintings are so incredibly detailed


View on the side of the castle



My parents made remarks about how small the beds were at the time

My absolute favorite: The hall of Mirrors




View on the garden.
If you look on the top left you can see the 3.5 (!!!) kilometer long pond.

This gallery has 32 paintings that show the main battles of France. The last one being the Battle of Wagram in 1809

If you ever have the time and money, do visit Versailles.
The castle is really amazing, and puts a lot of castles I've seen in the past to shame.
The attention to detail is something you will find in every corner.

To be honest, I wish I could live in this castle.
The garden is also extremely huge, but if I'm honest, it's not really my cup of tea, because I prefer floral gardens over the ones with symmetry and hedges.
What's also nice, is that there's trains that can take you to the small & big Trianon as well as back to the castle and gardens. 
I tried walking to the small Trianon with my parents and it took us quite some time, but it also made me realize how ridiculously huge the castle grounds are.
The hunting grounds alone reach to an impressive 43 kilometers!

I hope you enjoyed this post! I am currently thinking about a make up look I could post anytime soon and another holiday post is on it's way!

Thanks for reading and see you next time!

❤ Iris
































Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten