Hey everyone!
Today I wanted to talk about Jfashion stores and some of my favorites.
As you might or might not know, I absolutely love Japanese street fashion.
It goes so much further than Lolita or Decora.
So as you might know Takeshita Dori & Shibuya have A LOT of amazing shops and since there are so many of them, I'm sorry that I can't cover them all.
Instead I want to talk about a few shops that are cool and have webshops as well.
It is actually possible to buy from these websites by using an agent called Tenso
I will explain about Tenso a little more later, or if you are curious, just click on the link and the website will explain itself as well.
The first store I want to talk about is 6%DokiDoki
Next up is Candy Stripper
The store I have here is called Shibya109.
Another store that I really love is Swankiss
Next up is Spinns
What I also love about Spinns, is that it embraces young fashion designers.
Meaning that a lot of labels that they carry are made by said students. How cool is that??
Next up is Ayano Ruban
The interior of the actual store will remind you a lot of Versailles, giving it a really cute look.
Lastly I'd like to talk about AYMMY
The website is super self explanatory.
The first store I want to talk about is 6%DokiDoki
The reason why I'm doing this, is because the website comes in English as well, and you can place orders yourself!!!
6%DokiDoki is a brand made by Sebastian Masuda.
His aim when he came up with this store, is to make the Harajuku culture something that is known worldwide and that shows.
The items in this shop are super happy and bright and definitely worth a check.
I must warn you that the items are not cheap though.
Now Candy Stripper is a little less bright and still pretty expensive.
It's founded by Yoshie Itabashi and Chiharu Kikuchi.
Most items cost around a 100 Dollars :(
If you look at Japanese Fashion magazines such as Zipper you'll find people explaining they wear things from Candy Stripper. This is because it's a really popular shop in the Japanese street fashion scene.
Candy Stripper has a lot of rock & roll influences in their designs, making them loud and playful.
Another really cute store is Katie
Katie is super girly store founded by Taki & Linda.
It originally started out as a private label, but became an official label in 2012.
Since the items are pretty particular, you might feel down when you hear a lot of items are really expensive. Probably around 250 dollars.
The quality however is amazing and if you feel like saving your money for an expensive piece of clothing, definitely save for Katie.
![]() |
| Characters from left to right: A, KA, SA, TA, NA, HA, MA, YA, RA, WA |
It's not necessarily somewhere you can buy clothes online, but the website itself futures the stores they have available in their building.
Meaning that some of them might have their own websites, so you can browse for those yourself.
All of their items are SO adorable it should be illegal.
Swankiss is made by Saaya Hayashida.
This brand is really popular with the so called 'Gyaru' and 'Himekaji', because it's girly but still has an edge to it.
I do want to say that the sizes run in asian sizes, so measure yourself very well before you want to order anything, to avoid disappointments.
If all the expensive things scared you away, I'm sorry!
A store that is fairly cheap compared to the others is Spinns.
This store has items priced from 15 Dollars to more expensive prices.
Spinns is funky and well known within Harajuku.
Sadly I haven't had the chance to go, but the store in Harajuku has over 3000 square feet of shopping fun. WOW!!!
What I also love about Spinns, is that it embraces young fashion designers.
Meaning that a lot of labels that they carry are made by said students. How cool is that??
The style in this store is more casual. But that doesn't make it less expensive sadly!!
This store can be found in Shibuya and not Harajuku, hence the difference in style.
Ayano Ruban is made by Ayano Fukuoji.
The fashion point you will find in this store are ribbons.
Lots and lots of ribbons!The interior of the actual store will remind you a lot of Versailles, giving it a really cute look.
AYMMY has some ''cheap'' and some expensive items.
This brand is founded by Ayumi Seto.
Maybe you've noticed that a lot of the clothes are inspired by America in the 60's & 70's.
I think it looks really different from a lot of items I've seen in many stores.
It personally reminded me of old diners meets skater.
If I'd own a diner, I'd definitely let my staff wear AYMMY clothes as their outfits, because I think it's absolutely perfect.
Since it's different, it livens up the street style image.
So here I'd like to end it with a small section about Tenso.
The reason I trust this agent is because Spinns actually recommends using it when you order from their website.
I haven't been able to order via Tenso yet, but I will do a review once I did!The website is super self explanatory.
I'm sorry if I didn't cover a lot of stores, but trust me I could go on and on and on because there are a lot of independent labels and brands in Takeshita Dori & Shibuya.
Hope you've found this post helpful!!
See you next time.
❤ Iris
This is a non sponsored post








Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten